Butternut squash soup. No peeling, no oven

I love fall.  I love leggings, sweaters, scarves, boots and SOUP!   I still haven't gotten my 'back in the groove of working 3 early mornings and two 14 hour days and want to do all that I want to do", but I wanted soup.  I didn't have time to roast squash, didn't feel like peeling it either.  So, I turned to my crock pot.  

Yesterday before I left for the studio I wrapped a butternut squash in foil. 







Put in in my crock pot on low. Told my DH not to touch it.   



7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. here is what it looked like. 

Cuts like room temperature butter!


yummo. 

Able to scoop all that deliciousness out, no problem. 


Only skin left, no peeling needed!


Squash meat back in crockpot


Celery, carrot, onion


butter (have to have some butter)


half a carton of chicken broth



Cinnamon


Just need to add the lid, turn on low and wait for the magic to happen..................

DH blended it for me with an immersion blender.



My stomach is happy.








Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing!!! I have a butternut squash here that I was dreading cutting up so I too can make soup! Totally going to try your hack this weekend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try it with ginger (fresh) and some curry powder. Mmmmm. Savory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try it with ginger (fresh) and some curry powder. Mmmmm. Savory!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions