The vegetable beds

Here is a shot of the beautiful chive's I have, that share the asparagus bed.

More views of the asparagus raised bed, and Gpa P's old SUV..   Why it's on the side of my garage I have no idea.......

New young asparagus plants added to the bed.

These big leaves are Horseradish.  Excited to see how 'potent' this will be.   Wintered over from last year.

Strawberries!


An entire 4x4 raised bed of just Strawberries!



This bed has Greek Oregano, Walla Walla onions, Parsley and rows of Swiss Chard.


Same bed, background is a shot of the Herb/Pea bed.


Rosemary, Dill, Fennel, Basil, Cilantro, Wild Scapes, Sage, Peas and Thyme.


More Basil and Rows of Mesclun Mix.



Can you see the wild scape poking out of the ground?  Red tip bent to the right?  I bought three bunches for $12.00 dollars at the City Seeds Market in Edgewood Park on Mother's day.  I cooked with them and put the bulbs in water until they started to sprout.  Then I transplanted them.  Hope they survive, I liked them, but don't want to keep paying $4.00 a bunch.


Better shot of the peas.  Has anyone tried eating just the shoots?  Worth trying, or wait for the pods?



Close up of the walla walla onions.  They actually  are dispersed all over the yard.....


Comments