New Side Dish creation

I use my crock pot it seems almost every other day now.  I used it yesterday to make an accompaniment to the lovely pork roast DH made yesterday.  We haven't had pork (the other white meat, different from the ham we have been eating) in a long time.  It was delicious with this new mushroom dish and roasted potatoes.  Teamwork at it's finest, yet I wasn't home when the family ate, hence the crock pot usage.

First, I had over 8 cups of mushrooms cleaned.  Don't soak mushrooms in water, as they will soak up alot of water and then get chewy.

Put them in a set on low crock pot.  Then I added one can Progresso Recipe Starters Portabello Mushroom.  I know, again with a prepared product?  Yes.  It was FREE with a coupon, and these are the ingredients listed below.  I also added one box of low sodium beef broth, and two large onions chopped.  That's it!  And it was DELISH!   Total cost for entire side dish was 4.50, which is alot, but I will turn the leftovers into a soup (if there are any)

  • Water, Portabella Mushrooms, Onions, Soybean Oil, Cream. Contains less than 2% of: Wheat Flour Bleached, Modified Corn Starch, Sherry Wine, Natural Flavor, Soy Protein Concentrate, Butter, Salt, Sodium Phosphate, Parmesan Cheese* (part skim milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes), Modified Whey Protein Concentrate, Porcini Mushrooms*, Yeast Extract, Sugar, Potassium Chloride, Spice. *Dried


Comments