Banana Bread (plus something)

I love baking.  I'm also not a 'precise' baker.  I read lots of cookbooks, blogs, recipes.  Most say that you have to measure, weigh, etc etc.  I have always been a bit 'sloppy' with my measurements, and I can't remember once that it wasn't passable.  I love to bake so much that I bake for all of my neighbors,  yet I rarely eat my creations except for a little taste myself.

Anyway, I found this wonderful banana bread recipe, that I used to follow to the letter (and actually know it by memory) and here it is  The best banana bread recipe .

But now that I'm trying to 'make do' with what we have, I tweaked it a little.  I didn't want to purchase any more coconut flakes once I had used up what we already had.  But I did have a huge bag in the freezer of slivered almonds.  So this is now what I make until the almonds run out.

I tend to save time by getting everything measured and ready to go.  I get it all set up the night before.



 I was able to get this bread baked before going to my friend Margaret H's house to pick up my share of our Zaycon chicken.  I will post more about this the first time we cook with the chicken to give a review and to share more about the cost savings and local products they offer.

Back to topic.  I used:  1 and 3/4 cups of flour, 1 egg, 1/3 cup melted coconut oil, 1/2 cup stevia/sugar for baking, 1 1/2 tspn baking soda, cinnamon (by sight) vanilla (by sight) chocolate chips (by sight) and slivered almonds (by sight, but more than less)  3 - 5 bananas that are past peel and eat stage. The bananas were .39 cents a lb.    This picture shows 5 bananas, I used four.   I used Pam style spray on a very old (at least 18 years) stoneware from Pampered Chef loaf pan, mixed all the ingredients, threw it in the pan, and in the oven for 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees on Convection (actually sets at 325).




There is only a bit left.  DD's boyfriend loves it too, and requests it weekly.

Comments