Meals this Week

Saturday we went out to have a late lunch (still within lunch hours) at Longhorn Steakhouse.  Used a coupon of course.  DH had a Caesar salad with sirloin.  I had a salad and grilled chicken sandwich combo. 

Sunday DH grilled a steak and I had some eggplant and tomato.

I also prepared lunches for the week.  Tuna, Salmon, Chicken and egg salads.  Sliced peppers, cucumbers and pickles with Tziki (no idea how to spell this) sauce and ranch or creamy Italian dressings dished up.  Nuts or sesame seeds or travel size peanut butter.

Monday DH grilled chicken breasts, as well as steamed shrimp for me.  He ate chicken with vegetables Monday and Tuesday, I have been eating shrimp for Monday and Tuesday dinner, as well as today lunch.

Wednesday (today) dinner DH will saute the peppers and onions that I sliced for him, to go along with the grilled sausage that I took out of the freezer (I had frozen meal sized packages when he had grilled up a huge family sized package last month)

I also prepared a soup with the leftover chicken (still one breast left) the ginger stock I had made with fresh ginger leaves, sliced white turnips, mushrooms, onion.  Oh my, I tasted it, so delicious.  This will be dinner/lunch for me tonight and Thursday.  Here are the fresh ginger leaves after 'stewing'.

Here is the finished soup

On Thursday I will make smothered pork (lots of onions and béchamel sauce in the instant pot)  Any leftovers will be diced up and used in a pork posole dish over the weekend. 

Comments