December Grocery Shopping

Money spent in November went way over my plan of a four hundred dollar budget. However a lot of the foodstuffs that I purchased were bulk items, and also holiday purchases.  Except for some sausage and one chicken pot pie as well as baked goods that were purchased while we were away over the holiday weekend all of the bulk items have not been touched yet

 I definitely have enough root and green vegetables for the coming month. I don't need to buy potatoes nor do I need to get stuffing, turkey, gravy needs or baking items.

We were out of rice and today I purchased a 25 pounds bag. The price for this was $11.79 . I decanted some into a gallon glass container . The balance went into the garage freezer which is now empty except for ice packs .  This rice should last us a year.

 I will need to get cheeses for lasagna and seafood for Christmas Eve . I have no seafood in any of the fields freezers, and I do try to eat seafood at least once a week. So today I also bought salmon.   I plan on purchasing shrimp , pick crabmeat, and some Phyllo dough or puff pastry for New Year's Eve treats.  

 Other than that I don't plan on doing major shopping this month.

Comments

  1. I am also trying to limit my purchases. Saves to eat what is on hand. I also have been taking advantage of obscene Shoprite deals-like herbal tea for 99 cents!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions