Farmers Market 8/13

   
                                

Sunflowers from my share.    Note Amish quilted hot mat.   Has cinnamon in it that is enhanced when a hot dish is put on top.   In my favorite colors too!

Going with DH instead of Uncle is definitely cheaper!    Only spent $14!    3 English muffins will last me all week (1/2 of one a day) 2 sweets that DH already consumed and 4 zucchini squash.   

    

The rest shown is from my share.   3 cucumbers,3 heirloom tomatoes, 3 eggplant, 3 bunches Swiss chard, 4 onions, 1/2 lb mesclun mix (only going to eat a small taste and then give rest to Aunt)

              
                            

                      And look at these!!  Any ideas?   I love okra but have never prepared it.   


                           


   

Comments

  1. Beautiful flowers and produce. Never have eaten or cooked okra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Spear Points!

    Slice, Batter it in corn meal/flour mixture and fry it.
    Or make a chicken or Shrimp and Okra Gumbo. Okra is naturally slimy and thickens the soup.

    You can also roast, grill or pickle it.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sunflowers are gorgeous and you're wise to set aside 1/2 an English muffin for each day. I would find it hard to resist eating the whole thing. It looks so delicious! I want to try and make my own... but then I'll eat them all.

    Down here we eat fried okra, like Slugmama said. I put it in soups when I happen to grow some. You can eat it raw too when it's young and tender, it's pretty good and not slimy. That's the way my native Floridian neighbor eats it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These English muffins are so good you don't need to butter them.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions