Cooking this week

Chinese Takeout Saturday

Sunday Basil Garlic Scape Pesto (all harvested from back yard) pasta and zucchini noodles.  I only tasted one forkful.  Gpa P ate it off and on all week.  With a complete Sourdough Boule.  









Ground turkey breast eggplant tomato Indian spiced concoction.  One more serving left, probably be breakfast tomorrow (Sunday) as I need to get to the Farmers Market and then we have to take off to Brooklyn.  No idea when I will get a healthy meal after breakfast, so want to make sure I have my cooked veggies and protein.  

Meatloaf with 1.12 lbs of ground beef.  Rice, roasted beets and kohlrabi.  Gpa P ate all but 3 ounces.   I weigh my food, so this is a fact.   DH ATE NONE.  

Cod, Rice, Squash.   Enough for 4 dinner servings and 2 lunch servings.  All gone.

Takeout tonight (Saturday 8/6)  I had a cobb salad (only my 3rd since diagnosis, but a cobb has more stuff than lettuce) Gpa P had broccoli Rabe and Sausage with pasta and DH had pizza. There are leftovers.  Doesn't Gpa P get enough Rabe and sausage from me during the week?  Oh wait, I did swiss chard the last couple of weeks.  

DH tasted Shoprite fried chicken at a friends a few weeks ago and I was there and actually found some.    He enjoyed that Thursday night and also for lunch Friday.   There are still 3 pieces left. 

Breakfasts for me were usually half an English Muffin from SoNo Bakery (I slice them up and freeze them) and Jones turkey sausage links (4 are 90 calories)  The men had bagels, fruit, cereal, coffee cake. 

Lunches were leftovers, deli meats (enough Rare Roast Beef for DH to have two sandwiches, and then chicken breast, buffalo chicken breast (only two slices left) and turkey breast.  Sounds like alot, but I only get a 1/4 lb or so of each.  American cheese too. 



Comments