Thursday, June 2, 2016

Diagnosis and Medical Bills

Chronic Ulceritive Colitis and Crohns disease.   

No cancer!

Lots of scarring.  Seems I have had it for a long time and it explains alot of the pain I have been experiencing (both internal and joint)

Will need to go on maintenance medication.   Waiting for biopsy to come back before the plan is determined.  

Still no salads.  😥

But at least now we can move forward without worrying (so much).   

I came home today and called the hospital to work out an interest free 48 month payment plan.  A little higher than I wanted, but we will make it work.  Original balance before insurance knock down and payments was almost 20k.  I owe 6500.  

Most of individual bills for Dr's and scans/xrays have already been paid out of HSA or by our medical plan. (So grateful I have always provided this for our family.   With DH out of work losing medical would have been a disaster)  

I then opened the ambulance bill that arrived today.  Got my last name wrong, so I called them right away.  They also listed the call location as my residence (was the studio)  I then gave them insurance information and they will submit for me.   Let us hope they cover some of it.  That bill was $1350.00

Still need to see what the scopes, facility, anesthesiologist, gastroenterologist and biopsy lab costs will be from this week. 


Now to get my attention on something really important.  RECITALS! 

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear this diagnosis but so glad the problem has been identified and no cancer was found.
    Now you can get a handle on this.

    $6K isn't bad considering full retail was $20K, but it still sucks to have to pay your part.

    I about fell over when I saw the ambulance price!
    Yikes!! Ambulance service is expensive in CT. We have volunteer ambulances here and EMTs are paid by the city/county. I think if you don't donate to your local ambulance squad a ride can cost you $300 OOP, less if you support your squad.

    Glad all this is almost all in your rearview mirror.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sluggy, it was a town squad. We were shocked. They even charged me mileage for the 16 mile ride to Yale. DH thought since it was the local truck and I am a taxpayer it would be along the line of what you were thinking. I will keep you posted on what happens after insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I fell and broke my arm last Spring: $1400 ambulance bill. Luckily, ins covered it. Sorry for the diagnosis, it's hopefully manageable for you, and not as serious as the dreaded cancer. Be well!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and contributions