Eating from what we have


Though the Super Bowl purchases threw my pocketbook for a little loop, we actually did very well this week.

For the week's lunches and dinners and sometimes breakfast with Gpa P, we finished the 3 foot sub, the stuffed breads, vegetable platter. The cheese and pepperoni were not touched.

The big pot of soup I made was finished.

The two chicken breasts I had taken out of the freezer were used to make my husband's famous chopped salad.

The pork chops I took out were used to make smothered porkchops in the crockpot with a can of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup, some fresh mushrooms left over from the vegetable platter, and an onion.

I never put a starch in my soups and Gpa P wanted some pasta so he made a box of elbow macaroni from the pantry. The leftovers of this box of pasta (it was only 12 ounces!) was used with the smothered pork and to make a pasta salad. All ingredients were already in the house.

Not bad!

Comments