Why I never did a CSA,and the alternative I have joined!



Though I am always excited to go to the farmers market, (any farmers market) I never wanted to spend the money on a CSA as I didn't like not being able to pick what I get or it's quality.  CTMOM at CTONABUDGET has been dealing with some dissatisfaction.

How excited was I to find out that this organic farm http://www.fourrootfarm.com/ offered 10 'market shares'.   For a set amount of $500.00 I will get $550.00 to spend at this organic farm market stand.  This breaks down to $18.00 average per the week if I go every week the market is open.   I spend more than that on produce some weeks, so I am all for it.  I got one of the shares!  They also do a traditional CSA, but I am quite happy with my choice.  Read up about them, they are a great farm!


Comments

  1. that is a great, alternative solution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is the best of both worlds! I didn't know they did this - thanks for sharing! Though, sadly, I don't think I can pull the $500 needed to buy in right now. Hopefully it's something they will continue to do and I can remember to set aside $$$ to do for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could just pick up at the farm, I drive by it nearly every week

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions