UPDATED! Whitneyville Market Living Social Deal and Final totals for May

I purchased this deal from living social in January.  Finally used it this past week.  I had originally paid $9.18 (had some deal dollars applied plus 8.2% refund from mypoints) for a $25.00 gift certificate.  It was due to expire May 30th, so I made sure not to let it fall through the cracks.

We purchased 2 pounds of house made sausage and 2 pounds of house ground beef.   My DD also came with me, and she also got some house prepared lemon chicken, half a pound of prepared broccoli rabe and a donut for DH.  We paid an additional $18.29.   Since the deal was purchased months ago I don't count the original purchase in May's prices.

I was very impressed with the quality of the meat and other items I saw in the market.  The dairy wall had products from the farm that I mentioned in my post about Saturdays farmers market.  $43.00 was spent at the market.  If you'd like to check them out their site is http://www.whitneyvillefood.com/

I also went to BJ's Wholesale and got the following:  Herb salad, chicken spinach burgers, 3 pounds of iceburg salad mix,  reduced fat Italian Sausage links (3 pounds) Guacamole, Pink Lemonade (DH is now on a country time quick), two different trail mixes that I will rebag into portions (DH lunches), croutons, breakfast burritos, 40 ounces of sliced turkey breast, pirates booty (DH lunches and snacks), hot dog buns, flax and oat wraps and barbecue sauce.   $119.60

$176.37 left to spend and I spent $180.89.   Over by $4.52  Some of those items were splurges (butter and sweets from farmers market)  We do have a lot of food that will keep and carry over into June, so let's see if I can keep that month under.

So, we needed to do a last minute trip to the grocery stores as my DD wanted to invite some people over for a cookout on Monday (already had planned for the cookout part, just not extra people)  So, we went to Big Y and spent $17.34 on some hamburgers/sausage patties/hamburger rolls.  Also got two Hellmann's Mayo on sale 2 for $5 and I had a $1 coupon.

Then to the produce market, 17.98 spent on tomatoes, cukes, zucchini, yellow squash, celery, green and red peppers and one bag of potato chips.

Total overage 39.84.  Total spent in May 539.84


How did you do with your totals?

Comments