Wednesday Banana Bread and Short Ribs

As always, I prep the ingredients for my Banana bread the night before, then I just mix and bake.  I have the recipe memorized, and I make it (with varying fruits if available) and it lasts for a few days.  Today's was frozen bananas, slivered almonds and a quarter cup chocolate chips.

The main production today was the short ribs.  I browned the meat in olive oil on all sides, and then put them over three pounds of sliced onions in the large oval crockpot.  I added 2 cups of beef stock, Worcestershire Sauce, garlic and black ground pepper.  Expensive production, even with the discounts.  A real treat, almost $29.00 (including borth, spices, and onions.  They smelled divine as I browned them, and after 2 hours in the crockpot.  A total of 18 ribs.






DH and Dad ate them for dinner.  I tasted one just now.  I wasn't that impressed.  I'm not a big beef eater, but I was disappointed.  Very fatty.  Almost grisly.  And I noticed there were plenty left.

The coleslaw (made from half of the .19 cents a pound cabbage) was delicious.  I was delighted with that.

So, not something I will make again.  Too expensive and very little meat.  At least my Father enjoyed them, and will enjoy them again tomorrow.

Comments