Snow Day! Roasting a .39 a pound turkey



39 cents a pound turkey purchased in November at Stop and Shop. This was a true sale, no additional purchase required, no receipts needed, nothing!  Unheard of price around these parts.  I am so looking forward to having a freezer in the basement so when I find these deals I can get more than one. We do have a second (older) fridge/freezer combo in our garage, but it won't work in the cold weather months, so food has been lost that was stored inside it.    

Since they are calling for freezing rain on top of the snow we have received, I put this in the oven with pepper and butter at 8 a.m.  

I also use the neck
Added more vegetable peelings from a bag in the freezer (onion, celery, carrot) and put on to a boil, then lowered to a simmer.  
This will be used for soup later in the week. 
I will also probably freeze the carcass to make more soup later in the month. 

I love soups, and they are a great way to stretch the budget!


Finished products!


Comments