Recent Garden Harvests


So excited to be gardening again .   I find it very relaxing and cathartic.     I feel that it brings me closer to my now gone grandparents .   Nothing has gone to waste .   I have also learned seed quality really matters .   Also seedlings .     That will be another post.     

So far I have harvested lots of lettuce,  zucchini, onions and garlic, peas (vines now in compost bin) and yellow tomatoes .   











.

I have been dicing and drying the onion tops as I harvest them .  


Basil was prepared into pesto and frozen



.

Onions drying in residual heat from baking off zucchini quiche




Oops I missed this giant, over two pounds




Comments

  1. I think we all get that one zuke that grows too big before we find it....it doesn't help that it's green, huh? lolz

    Lots of fine looking produce you've gotten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to be able to harvest your own food? Your harvests are impressive and the quiche looks wonderful. I'm glad you're enjoying this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Ladies. Thank you. Sorry for my delays in replying, why aren't we getting notifications anymore? I do enjoy the hunt for the green things. To bad money wasn't growing out there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger decided to do some housekeeping and totally screwed up the notifications. Over a month (or even more?) ago, they said on the Blogger forum that they'd have it fixed within a week. Well, I knew that it was hot air as soon as I saw the message! I don't think they have any intention of fixing it, to be honest. So our only option right now is to remember to check the dashboard for comments. It's so messy, I really don't like it. Oh, and they had announced a total Blogger redesign just prior to that snafu so I'm not too hopeful about the redesign itself...

      Delete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions