How I relax and combine some freebies in the relaxation.

 The way I relax this to putter around my house. Don’t get me wrong I love what I do, to make a living… And I’m lucky that I love what I do. But I’m so busy with the business end of things but sometimes the house takes the back burner.

I’ve been dealing with some medical issues again and I’ve gone through a couple of diagnostic tests ..still no answers other than I don’t have an ulcer and there was no sign of Stomach cancer. Really good things to find out. Doesn’t explain the problems I’m having, they suspect an exacerbation of my Crohn’s disease.  Or new food allergies.   The biopsy should help figure stuff out.

So, I’ve actually had a few days off this week. How did I spend my first day off? By doing a thorough cleaning and decluttering of several key areas that have been driving the DH and myself crazy. I weeded out some magazines that were piling up waiting for me to read them. I skimmed most of them tore out a few things that I wanted to research more and brought the rest of the studio.

I also came up with some new ideas on how to organize the linen closet. Sold some things on eBay. Deposited the last of the July income.      Dealt with some other financial issues.

One of the biggest stressors right now is that our daughter is moving across the country to Colorado. There’s a job waiting for her. There’s a place to live waiting for her. She’s not going alone. I’m stressed about it but I’m also very proud. She’s done a lot in her 25 years, and I can’t say that we’ve helped her do a lot of it. I can say that I’ve raised a very independent child who is also very determined. I guess I did a good job with a little help from the DH LOL.

Another way that I relax is to actually have time to sort through the kitchen, cull out items that need to be used up and try some new recipes.

Where DH works they have a company garden and anyone who wishes to have a plot can do so.   Since I garden here at home just isn’t something that we were interested in doing, yet we’re still reaping the rewards. Coworkers who have an overabundance are sharing the produce.

So what do I do when my DH brings home a paper grocery bag full of cucumbers? Well I make pickles!  But that’s for another post.  

We also received this huge head of garlic.    Much bigger than mine.    Yummy.


comparison photo




Comments

  1. A company garden?! That's so cool! I'd love it if Greg brought me back free veggies from his co-workers, hahaha.

    I'm sorry to read that you're having more health issues, Sandie, but happy to see that it's not something like stomach cancer. Still, what an ordeal to go through, my dear. You can't seem to catch a break. I hope the results of the biopsy bring you a diagnosis and adequate treatment that is non-taxing!

    Look at you decluttering your house... I feel the need to declutter more than I already have and yet every time I get rid of something, it seems that I start needing it! I should take a look at my breezeway cabinets because I tend to cram things in there when I don't want to see them, so I really should declutter there once a year.

    Good luck to your daughter on her big move! What an adventure and yet, as another mom to a Daughter, I know that it's probably very emotional for you as well. On the bright side, you and your husband will now be able to go antique shopping in Colorado, right?

    Take care, Sandie. Keep us posted about your biopsy results!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions