Cajun style cooking and other recipes

I had gotten some natures promise chicken breasts this week with a two dollar coupon off a five dollar purchase at Stop & Shop. I also found some andouille sausage on manager special. Team that with some okra from my market share and  I call that a Cajun dinner.

 I browned the chicken breast In olive oil and creole seasoning.  This was done on the sauté setting of my instant pot. While that was browning , I took the time to dice up an onion,  three celery stalks, A red bell pepper and a pint of okra pods.     When I finished with the vegetables I sliced up the sausage and added that to the pot.   I love that brown up just a bit, before I added some chicken stock and all of the vegetables.     A few tablespoons of tomato paste was added as well as some file powder to thicken it up.  





 I  made buffalo chicken dip to be served with celery sticks. I took 2 cans of chicken breast equaling 20 ounces and put them in a crockpot.    I added 8 ounces of cream cheese, a cup and a half of Mexican shredded cheese, half a cup of prepared ranch dressing, and Tabasco sauce.  Tasted much better than it looks.  Served with celery sticks.



I purchased some organic cacao nibs during Amazon prime day.   I thought they would give DH a taste of some chocolate but he found it to be too bitter and asked me to come up with some recipes to use it. Today I made keto friendly peanut butter drop cookies. A cup of peanut butter four packets of organic Stevia, half a cup of the names and an egg. He probably would have wanted it sweeter but I find them acceptable.  One is 177 calories and 6.9 grams of carbs.



 I also made three different batches of pickled vegetables. A large glass container of sliced pickles as well as a smaller wedge pickle. Both used a brine of 2 cups vinegar 4 cups water 2 tablespoons of kosher salt and a teaspoon of sugar. The vegetables were put in the jars with mustard seed, celery seed, lots of fresh dill and garlic from my garden as well as peppercorns.    After the brine was cooled I added it to the jars and once completely cooled down i put the jars to the back of our second refrigerator. These will be ready in a few days.

There were a few cucumbers that we were gifted that were starting to go a little soft. Nothing major but not what I wanted in the pickles only recipes. Produce and created a brine of the same vinegar and water combination but I added all of the seeds to the vinegar itself as it boiled.    This after cucumbers were cut up and mixed with onion garlic and red bell peppers. Packed into jars and covered with this different time.







I think I had a pretty productive Friday.



Comments

  1. Well done! We love refrigerator pickles too, they're so easy to make and delicious on sandwiches :)

    You haven't talked about Grandpa P. eating all of the food in a while. Is he OK? Is he on vacation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, he has been away. He is fine, back to eating.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions