Frugal things



Made  more air freshener and “poopouri” with products on hand.

Jarred more herbs I had dried from the yard.

Purchased $120 worth of fuel gift cards for $96 dollars.     Used 50 for fill ups and a car wash and received a free gallon of windshield wash.   (DH was excited about this)

Except for bulk items picked up in PA on way back from a music teacher event no grocery shopping. Total spent was under $100.    Prices there are so much lower than home.    Stocked up on nuts, oats, flours, soup mixes and meat pies.   Some items were purchased at the Green Dragon (asparagus .50 a pound!  5 lbs of cabbage for $1!)

While in PA we got DH’s dinner on his birthday for free at a favorite smorgasbord.     He also got two huge whoopie  pies for free (with $10 purchase at their market) which I planned on spending there anyway.  

A clock that we had on our wishlist in their gift shop was 20% cheaper also because of his birthday.  

Purchased a groupon to the National Civil War Museum in Harrisburg PA

Redeemed $50 in Amazon gift cards by cashing in mypoints and Ibotta.

Did more planned holiday purchases.      All funds spent were cash.

Three shelves that we have been searching for were purchased in PA (amish made)  DH hung one in my home office to hold my donkey collection over my digital piano.

Handy Man friend will be hanging the two shelves in our kitchen hopefully this week.  One will be for useful items and one will be to hold my antique kitchen items.

Booked our August vacation and also paid cash in advance.

Paid off two credit balances.

Purchased 225 worth of grocery and restaurant gift cards using a percentage off AND going through EBATES at raise.com.     Spent 200 for future purchases.

Unfortunately (or fortunately...) have almost hit our deductible due to several pain related visits as well as a cardio visit.  Since I refuse to take any more medications I have been doing PT visits as well as lots of home exercises and stretches.  Have not played violin (for more than 5 minutes at a time) in almost a month.  Slowly on the mend. 

How are things in your corner of the world?


Comments

  1. Sounds like you did very well, frugally planning your trip/expenditures. With my upcoming order of arthritis RX this week, I will max out my $7350 deductible for my single plan. Yup, just me. Thank God for patient co-pay assistance programs, I couldn't afford my meds otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all your great deals! Congratulations and it sounds like you had a great time in Pennsylvania!

    I'm sorry recovery is so slow. I don't blame you for not wanting to take more medications, who knows what side effects you might get from all of that? But I'm sorry you're still in pain. ((HUGS)), Sandie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions