What's been cooking


Beautiful sauteed mushrooms. The Largest white/yellow furry one's are Lions Mane, and they do indeed have the texture of lobster.  Saute them in butter and YUMMO. 



Mushroom soup made with more of the mushrooms, some button mushrooms, some dried mushrooms, beef broth and powdered milk.  More Yum


Sausage Onion and Peppers


Beef stew before turning on the Instant Pot


and after.  I think it looks good, didn't get to try it.  


Also have made roasted chicken, chicken soup, rib roast, mashed potatoes, tossed salads

All of this made since Tuesday (today is Sunday and we had egg whites with rye toast, salad with chicken and lobster tails with cauliflower rice and broccoli rabe   Sounds decadent, but all was in the freezer leftover from New Years).  Prior to Pops returning we lived a lot on salads, veggies, cheese, beef jerky (DH) and broth.   

Comments

  1. All those pictures are making me hungry, Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I do try to put food aside with my name, sometimes I am just not quick enough.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions