February 11th City Seed Indoor Market

The one time the market is held in the winter on a Sunday.  Sorry Traceybee went on the wrong day! 


Beautiful whole wheat bread from Cafe G.  I froze most of it, it was worth every penny ($9.00 worth)


11 Pretzel rolls, most were frozen.  Took one to my Mother when I brought her some stew so she didn't have to worry about food when I took her to the doctor on Tuesday last week. 


8 SoNo Bakery english muffins cut in half and frozen.  


$13.00 worth of the most amazing mushrooms from 


Comments

  1. I want to eat everything. I make my own pretzel buns, they're so good! It's a good thing that they're a little more labor intensive than I'd prefer so I can't just make them on the spur of the moment and have buns right away.

    Those English muffins look absolutely scrumptious (I wish mine looked like that!) and the loaf of bread is beautiful! It's almost a shame to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made pretzels and rolls but they are never as good as the bakeries make. The bread was beautiful but not my favorite. I like their Berliner bread best. But since I am getting better at mimicking recipes I may not need to buy much longer. Haven’t done the English muffins yet. Was it hard?

      Delete
    2. No the recipe I used was very easy but I also used my Kitchen Aid to mix it and then I kneading it a bit and I'm thinking maybe I should have just mixed it by hand (more gentle) perhaps. Otherwise it was super easy. They need to rise for an hour and that's the hardest part for me because I don't like waiting! I'm going to find a different recipe, though, because the one I used had too much fat in it.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Sandie....and those mushrooms are soooo addicting, aren't they? And I love the guy who runs/owns the stand because he has always been super helpful! As for Whole G bread...it's our favorite! And, I agree that it's well worth every penny - the olive bread is to die for! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions