Personal spending for January (through 18th)



Trying to keep close tabs on my spending (other than food)  I am showing only purchases that are for personal use (not our business)

Three no travel days so far (snow day and Sundays January 7th and 14th)

Fuel for our SUV $27

Heating Oil $489.51 this one hurt, as we had just filled up the first week in December.  Looking forward to the warm up this week.  (Didn't last long) As this is a true necessity I am torn at listing it here instead of utilities, but it is an occasional expense, so it will stay. 

Online purchases $99 some were necessities, some were wants.  More vintage spice tins for my craft projects.  Canning lids.  Essential oil perfume bottles.  Hammer for DH (he received three for Christmas, but still not the 8 ounce one he wanted) Book on Amish businesses in the US and two Melissa K Norris books.  I love her podcasts.

Lunch out with DH on Three Kings Day prior to a performance.  Wood N Tap $54 with tip.  He had chicken wings and a Caesar salad with sirloin.  I had a delicious sausage and kale soup that unfortunately had beans in it, and though I picked them out I think I consumed a few as I am still in flare since Saturday afternoon. 

Walmart Health item 16.58 and hunting accessory for DH 15.97    New numbers for our mailbox 1.74

Target with DD.  I always insist on buying her needs/wants when she comes home (which is not often) Her contributions to the cart totaled $84.82 and included a new purse, fleece leggings, snacky stuff, a metal hair band that I LOVED on her (looked like a Game of Thrones crown to me) memo pads and a valentines craft kit. 

I purchased from Target for DH a Harry's razor and blades, 10 pack of socks for me as most of mine need to be replaced due to holes, and I'm not at the point of mending YET...new shower cap (still not what I wanted and will need to replace the one that got ruined by MOLD) three personal healthcare items I'm too much of a lady to mention.  $59.93

DH has been wanting a new vacuum for the house.  I have been balking.  Well, the studio vacuum is about to STB (can you figure that out?  lol) and I decided okay I will start trying to find a deal for the one he wants.  We haven't been able to find it in a store, and in doing a search online I found it at Kohls.  Original price $490!!!   I told DH the deal I could construct.   We had $23 in Kohls cash.  30% off code.  Free Shipping.  Got the entire cart (had an item for DD and two sweaters for me in the cart as well from a previous window shop) $391.55.  But wait there is MORE (said in a total Ginsu knife infomercial voice)  6% back from ebates -22.10 AND I earned $70 in Kohl's cash.  Total spent is now $299.45    Yes, I will take that as a deal.  






Amazon for another shower cap. Not sure I like the one I got at target.  $10  Well, this was a bust, the one at Target (though not fantastic) is better than the one from amazon. I have very thick hair, and even though the ordered one said extra large, for long hair....it didn't hold my hair, and it's really not long.  Saving for DD when she visits.


Bj's warehouse 3.50 for extra strength antacid tablets.

Walgreens $18.63 for two packages of dishwasher tablets, 2 shower gels for DH, 2 beautiful boxes that also came with 24 Hallmark cards (wanted the boxes, card were a bonus!) at 90% off, a snow cloth drape and 2 bags of chocolates also at 90% off. 

 
 
Kohl's to use the bonus $70 Kohls cash.  I still used a 30% off code and purchased two future gifts and a beautiful winter runner for my bedroom dresser.   $13.21 which included the shipping and tax.
 
  

Comments

  1. Yeah, the extra heating oil has got to hurt. Goodness. Our electric bill was $100 more than last year for the same months and we really only had 3 really cold days during that period.

    Look at your wheeling and dealing! I was going to ask you which vacuum cleaner you bought (I'm always looking for a better one, too bad I'm kind of cheap too!) but I see if in your picture. I just looked it up on Amazon because I was curious to see where all the dirt goes and it's currently $299.99 on Amazon with free Prime shipping. I'm very intrigued by it. One of the Amazon pictures seem to show it with a large dirt container on the front but the very detailed review someone posted said that the dirt container is very tiny and needs to be emptied often. Still, no bags needed, which is great as my current Hoover needs bags. Hmmm, I'm going to add this to my Amazon wishlist and wait for your further review. Will you please let us know what you think of it when you start using it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love the new vacuum. It's light (though top heavy, you cannot let go of it and think it will stay standing) and it actually self propels, I will definitely be vacuuming the house more with this.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions