Grocery purchases January 1 - 17




New goal is to keep food purchases way down.  Since we are sending Gpa P to Florida (with friends and my sister) for a little over 3 weeks we feel it is definitely doable.  $350 a month for ONLY edibles. 

January 6 Walmart. $3.61 Gallon of milk, Rye Bread ($2 off from coupons.com app) Tomatoes on the vine ($1.50 off from coupons.com app) and 18 count eggs (completely free from coupons.com app)

 
 



January 9 Target $23.52 Hellmans Mayo, 2 brown Minute Rice, 3 Prego farmers sauce, Dave's killer bread, two bags of Goya dried split peas, 2 Hillshire Farms Pork/Beef smoked sausage.  Received $1.75 back from Ibotta

January 10 BJ's $133.82  I anticipate this will be the biggest shop for the rest of the month.   Case of water, Stevia, 5 lbs of Turkey meatballs, 4 red peppers, Sirloin Tips, Herb Spring Mix, 40 ounces of Plain greek yogurt (to use in baking and to replace sour cream), 40 ounces of canned salsa, 3 ketchups (Uncle was disappointed we didn't have any....set for the year now) Fajita prepared chicken strips (for salads and sandwiches), 3 cukes, 12 ounces of raspberries, two 48 ounce Jif Peanut butter, 4 green peppers, fresh salsa, 40 ounces of mushrooms only $4.98! Iceburg lettuce head, Maries blue cheese dressing. 

January 10 $54.15 Boxed.   DH’s monthly nut order as well as McCormick Brown Gravy Mix in a warehouse sized package.

January 11 Amazon order 23.89   I am ramping up the bread baking (though it will die down next week as Gpa P is going to FL)  I got 88 ounces of dark rye flour and 2 lbs of caraway seeds.  I thought these were both great prices for organic. 

January 15 $11.39 Big Y Worsteshire sauce and two cases of water. 

January 17 Produce Market $6 Potatoes and broccoli

$256.38 and Pops is still here!  He is leaving on the 22nd.   Some purchases were immediate, some were for the future.  $93.62 left for the month but I feel total able to succeed with this!

Comments

  1. I, too, am aiming to reduce grocery expenditure as we are on a pantry challenge, which I do every Jan. Monies not spent are being applied to remodeling debt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to add: to date(Jan) I have spent $94.86 on food, and $20.40 on taxables (personal care, cleaning/laundry, paper/plastic) I am pretty happy with that. Normally, I budget $300 for the month for the 3 adults here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arrgh my comment disappeared all of a sudden!

    I really missed out on the Coupons.com freebies that first week, darn it. I did get the tomato coupon, thanks for reminding me about the app.

    You're going to save a lot of money with GP leaving for 3 weeks! I hope your sister budgeted extra :P)

    2 POUNDS of caraway seeds?! How long is that going to last you? Seems like a good price though, considering what one pays or just a little bottle of it at the regular grocery store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine that those seeds will last me a long time. Have to find a way to keep them fresh, perhaps freezer? I only use a tablespoon at a time in my rye bread. Anyone local want some?

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, stores well in a tightly lidded glass jar for up to 3 years

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions