Meeting my 2017 goals


As we close out the year, I wanted to review the goals I had made, and see how I did.  

I feel I have given myself more time to 'smell the roses'.  I have cut back on my teaching hours (yes, I really have....), and I have tried very hard in both my personal and professional life to put myself in other's shoes.  

We have donated more in dollars to several organizations.  I have donated more of my services to families who I feel truly need me to work with their children.  I have tried very hard to have more grace towards my ailing parents and grandmother.  I am no saint, I have not always succeeded.  But I have tried.  

I have tried to dote on my husband.  To be respectful of his thoughts and feelings as he is of mine.  

We were able to fully fund our HSA including the catchup allowance of an extra $1000 ($7750)

We have been able to fund my SEP by $5000

DH started a permanent job in July, and has started a matched 401K with over $1600 in it at end of year, having only put half of that figure in himself.  

I have saved an additional $4980 dollars.  

I had set a goal of $1500 a month in savings, and I was able to surpass that by $110.+ a month. 

We have been able to pay all of our bills and purchase two new cars this year.  One is a completely electric vehicle that we were able to stack several very great deals on to get at almost 50% less than sticker price.  State and Federal rebates, His work offered a discount, my owning an education LLC offered a discount, having a vehicle recently purchased from a competitor rated us a discount, Costco membership got us a discount AND we got a kickback of a $300 giftcard to Costco as well.  We have two other vehicles that we paid cash for, and we are keeping those to gift to relatives when it's time. 

I still have room for improvement.  Loads of room.  How did you do on your goals?

Comments

  1. That is truly outstanding Sandie! Well done! I haven't reviewed my 2017 goals yet but my overall feeling is that I failed more than I succeeded, I think. Oh well, 2018 is almost here, I get another chance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will find you did pretty well. A new year, a new plan!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions