Christmas 2017

A little late, but a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!     I enjoyed reading everyone's holiday gift making posts.  I loved seeing everyone's decorations.  I posted on my personal FB page that most of my FB friends posted very elegant decorations.  DH and I agree that for holiday, we are more is more people.  He collects antique Santas, I collect creches.  I am slowly selling off the outskirts of my villages, preferring to focus just on the Holy Family, a few animals and shepherds and of course the Kings.  So, with the MORE in mind, here you go....our Christmas.


Our first train!



We found the Santa prints at an amazing store in Middletown


A new to us circa 1930 tin and flocked felt Santa 


Dominic the Donkey featuring a wreath from a students Hockey Team fundraiser


Pewter santa collection gifted to DH from my Aunt last Christmas






Birthday Creche from last year


Part of my largest Creche


Another Birthday gift from last year


Part of Santa collection


Many of my Creche's 



More


More


Vintage minature tree and old (or replica's of old) toys


Peanuts tribute


Polish gift creche


My most treasured creche porcelain and jewels from DH


More Santas.  One with globe is antimated. 


More Santa's


More Santa's 


Mantle before we found the Santa prints




Paper cutting made by Aunt in 70's 


Birthday gift from DH this year that he admitted was more for him (Peanuts) then me.  But it is about the birth of Christ, so it's for me too.  


One of a pair of Santa oil lamps.  Love these. 


 These next two photos are from the Charlie Brown Tree Farm where we got out tree last and this Christmas. 



My outdoor birthday creche from DH


German carved wood star


German thin wood cutting depicting Santa


German wood cut Nativity


Front Door


Milk Jug decorated for Holidays


My childhood sleigh decorated 


My pre Christmas gift to DH





My German pyramid that is not working as good as I would like


Merry Christmas everyone!

Comments

  1. I really don't think you have enough creches or Santas, I saw several empty spots in your house :) You'll need to up your game in 2018, just sayin'.

    Where do you store all this when it's not Christmas? How long do you display them in your house? Christmas trains are fun! We used to have one when the kids were younger.

    My dad has one of those German twirly things with the candles too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tree came down today. Santa’s down on New Years. Crèches with Kings added through the 7th of January. I have a 1500 sq foot shelved basement. Lots of bins. You are right, we do not have enough. LOL. We will probably need to open an antique shop someday.

      Delete
    2. That would be a most excellent gig for you and your husband seeing as you love shopping for antiques and spending time together. If you ever get sick of teaching music, that could be your new career :)

      I'm relieved to know you have a large basement with shelves. I was envisioning you trying to store all of this in a spare bedroom closet. I forget that people have basements outside of Florida :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions