A new frugal winning soup

I recently went to Restaurant Depot with a friend who has a membership, and had to prep a lot of mushrooms for storage.  I had a residual liquid from the 10 pounds of mushrooms that was a rich brown color and smelled delicious.  Not wanting to waste it, I put it in the freezer. 

When our scheduled plans changed (meaning Gpa P decided not to go out with his friends for dinner) I had to come up with a quick meal for him with not a lot of time.  (as in, I have to leave in an hour for the studio)

So, I dug in the freezer, took out that mushroom stock, half a pound of frozen ham slices and corn I had frozen from ears over the summer.  I diced up an onion and got a can of Goya black eyed peas from the basement.  Threw it all in the instant pot on the soup setting.  40 minutes later:

 
Gpa P called it a winner!

Comments

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions