Farmers Markets (Edgewood in the morning, Coventry in the afternoon) October 22

Little Late Posting.  All produce is from my share, I have enough for one more visit to the market free before my funds run out (purchased an entire market share for $500, received $550 to spend at a certified organic farm)
 
 
Broccoli Rabe and Chinese Broccoli
 

 
One huge sweet potato

 
Shallots!

 
Peppers and tomatoes (this peppers were sooo crisp)

 
Fresh ginger!
 
I also purchased a beautiful loaf of pumpernickel for $4.75
 
Then we went to the Coventry market so I could play with miniature donkeys!  We even started a discussion to purchase two from the farmer.  Oh my, I think we actually might do this.  We would need to get a shelter built, and fence in part of our property.  But as DH said, what's the point of having all of this land if not to do something that will always make you smile.  It would make me smile, and he didn't mind them as they would be outdoor pets.  However, we do travel ALOT.  We really have to think this through.  Here are some pics.  I did enter a drawing for a free farm tour.....
 


 
I also got some gorgeous broccoli (a large quantity) for $7.00
 
AND I GOT A CALL that I WON the farm tour!  We booked it for May 5th as there will be new foals!   Here is their website if you would like to pay them a visit too.  https://www.fosterhillfarmandgarden.com/
 

Comments