Meals this past week




Sunday was the new favorite steakhouse burgers from the local produce market in town.  Can of baked beans, fresh salad.  I only had a burger, no beans.  With a bit of white rice. 

Monday was baked salmon with lemon dill seasoning we purchased in PA.  More rice, fresh beautiful farmers market broccoli.   Enough Salmon left for me through Thursday.  I tend to only eat one 'meal' a day, before I go into the studio.  Then it's little 100-150 calorie soy or whey protein based meals.  A bit of cheese, some soy chips.  It's easier for me.  Sometimes soy does bother me, need to pick and choose.

Tuesday was ny strip for the men, with cucumbers and tomatoes and yellow rice (we eat a lot of rice)  DH grilled some sausage for later in the week.

Wednesday was bubble and squeak for the men, cabbage, peppers and onions with bacon.  I took some wheat bread from the freezer and Gpa P had some of that too.



Thursday found me making swiss chard, stewing some tomatoes in my instant pot for soup, giving the men vegetable choices to have with the grilled sausage.




 
This soup was so good.  Organic tomatoes from share, basil and oregano from my herb beds.  Two heaping tablespoons of powdered heavy cream.  Amazing! 
 

 

Friday will be roasted chicken with Chinese broccoli and buffalo cauliflower (and rice if any left from last cookoff)

I will make stock in the instant pot Friday night, to throw together a pot of soup for the men for over the weekend.  DH and I are going to Lake George area after I'm done teaching Saturday to go to the Warrensburg 'world's largest garage sale' to see what it is all about.  I will also be making a stop at Oscar's smoke house as we are down to our last package of bacon.  I will share a post about that when we get back!

Soup with turnip greens, carrots, onion, celery and lentils. 


Comments