Facebook Sales, DeCluttr App, Checkout 51, and More Holiday Shopping

Today before teaching I pushed myself out of my comfort zone and not only met an old friend for lunch on a teaching day but also went shopping at two stores (stopping to get a Starbucks in between)

It was a nice catchup at Panera (as well as a tasty soup and salad combo)  She gifted me my favorite Starbucks Cafe Verona ground coffee.  I treated her to lunch, and got a freebie soup for my next visit!


Then I went to Marshalls armed with $110 in rewards.  I always pay my TJMaxx card off, so these are a true bonus.  I got DH two Holiday gifts, a bunch of 25 days of Christmas gifts for my Grandmother and Mother.  A water for me (thank goodness as I was very thirsty)  OOP was $29.43.  Original total was $139.43!!!




Then into Michael's for an item I need to make a gift and to replenish my faux candles (using a 40% off coupon of course!)  OOP 8.89

Then Starbucks.  

Then a quick pop in to CVS where they had my Grandmother's shampoo of choice on sale 2/$8, her favorite Lindt Dark Chocolate buy one get one 50% off and her choice of toothpaste.  $20.66 spent

Then to the studio to start teaching.  During the afternoon someone stopped by to purchase $30.00 of unopened Christmas items I had put aside last year to try and sell this year!

I used the DeCluttr app to earn $9.87 (free shipping label!)

I also deposited my Checkout 51 check for $20.15 that arrived in yesterdays mail. 

In other words, shopping got wiped out by sales!  I MADE MONEY TODAY!

I feel good about being ahead in my holiday shopping.  


Comments

  1. That was quite a feat. Good for you! I feels good to get stuff free.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions