September Grocery Budget



August 27 $5.00 at Farmers Market

August 27 $71.56 CT Fresh Food & Produce Market.  Ouch, this one hurt, but according to the men, the meat was a winner.  Steakhouse Burgers which were a combo of ground round and short rib.  I got 8 burgers, total of 4 pounds.  DH cooked 6 and 5 were eaten.  Pound of aged Italian Provolone (treat for me) Some premade tuna salad as I was starving from the deli, 2 lbs of broccoli rabe, spring mix (my market share farm got raided by deer so no salad greens) and potato rolls for their burgers.

August 30, $19.96 Stop and Shop Gallon of milk, three 35 count cases of spring water (plus deposit)

September 5, BJ's Warehouse, $115.72 count starbucks K cups (should last for at least two months as I also am making pots), 3 heads of Romaine, Boneless Pork loin that I split into three roasts, salmon filet, pound of white American, pound of turkey breast, Dubliner irish cheddar, sharp provolone, stok cold brew (keep at studio if I finish what I bring from home) 2 pounds of beef jerky, 2 pounds of sliced pepperoni, wasabi peas.

September 6, Big Y $10.08 Large jug of almond milk, two packages of 6 chicken legs each, and on the crash and burn table 2 lbs of organic basmati rice.

September 7, Stop and Shop $70.13   Dave's Killer Bread (Gpa P consumed all but two pieces along with all the tomatoes *eye roll* more pepperoni, onion dip (spurge for me, carrots with the dip), Arla Herb cream cheese FREE after savings star, stok iced coffee, two egg/nut/cheese packages that I got for pennies after coupons and checkout 51, 4 birdseye frozen cauliflower seasoned bags, Hellmans mayo, 4 lbs of Italian Sausage, 4.81 lbs of 80% lean ground beef, a bag of 8 reduced peppers that were blemish free (go figure that, but I loved the deal!) 2.36 lbs of seedless grapes, 5 pounds of yellow onions and 3 pounds of sweet onions. 

September 14, BJ's Warehouse $96.06 20 lbs of rice, 3 lbs of Broccoli, 3 lbs of Ricotta, organic applesauce (have to make my own) 5 lbs of BSChixB, 3ish lbs of sirloin tips, 20 ounces of mushrooms, 24 ounces of parmesan, gallon milk, 3 packages of Krusteaz pumpkin bread, 48 ounces Stok coffee, 48 ounces of half sour pickles (these were really good!) 16 ounces of romano and a pack of Wholly Guacamole minis.

September 14 Big Y $27.19 Daves Killer Organic Bread, 647 Wheat Bread (may not be able to eat this, but will try a slice), 2 Soupman Lobster Bisque in box at the crash and burn section, they must be discontinuing carrying this as they are dated into 2019.  Thomas' toaster cake (a want) 3 large whole chickens (B1G2F!)

September 17 Farmers Market $13.75

September 17 CT Fresh Food and Produce Market $79.15 $55.23  OMG I just found a huge problem on this, I knew it was to much.  I was charged 26.91 for burger rolls.  Ugh ugh ugh.  Ugh, this was a huge mistake for what I brought home.  DH loved the steakhouse burgers I got last time.  They are a definite splurge.  Fed 4 at dinner, and two for lunch.  3 cukes, head of iceburg lettuce, cream cheese, 3 deli salads one pound each.  KUDOS to this local business, I phoned and they told me to come right down.  They were very busy when I was there, plus I had the Uncle.  I was charged for 9 packages of rolls.  They refunded my monies.  PHEW.

September 24th Farmers Market $29

September 24th CT Fresh Food & Produce Market $44.52     3/4 lb of prepared buffalo wings for hubby, one bunch of swiss chard only .69!, 6 of those lovely burgers (I'm sensing a sunday pattern), head of iceburg, mushrooms, two huge cukes and a half gallon of apple cider.

September 25th BJ's wholesale, $55.76 salmon, a four pack of ny strips (froze 2 of them), 32 ounces of sour cream,  gallon of milk and a case (40 count) of water. 

Total spent:  $601.21        But let's put this in perspective.  Out of items I purchased or acquired this month I still have almost 3 dozen eggs  2 sirloin, 2 whole chickens, loads of produce that I have prepped and frozen.  Many pieces and bits of cheese.  Unopened sour cream, lobster bisque, 4 toaster cakes.  2.5 lbs of chicken breast, guacamole cups, 2 lbs of onions, 2 porkloin roasts, one stick of unopened pepperoni, frozen bread and an unopened gallon of milk and case of water (I'm still using my newly acquired pitcher)

We are pretty set for the beginning of October. 

Comments

  1. That was a serious overcharge! Glad they refunded you. The law in CT is that any commodity if overcharged and a value of $20 or less, you are to get the item free, plus refunded the overcharge. CT consummer law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the law: http://www.ct.gov/dcp/cwp/view.asp?q=428688

    ReplyDelete
  3. That reminded me of the time I bought a head of cauliflower at Walmart and a glitch in the register had it ring up 69 times. lolz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions