Meals for the Men this week and food prep

 
 
 
Earlier in the week I made chicken/rice soup
 
 
A nice salad

 
Chicken Italian Sausage from http://fourmileriverfarm.com/ with onions/peppers
I thought it was very good.  The men think only pork should be in sausage
 
 
So, they got their pork want
I browned this roast (part of a larger loin that I broke up into several meals)
a jar of Goya Sofrito and a lot of onions went with it into the crockpot.

 
Not pictured is grilled chicken breast with broccoli and rice
 
 
I also have been prepping food for future meals.  Half of the corn I purchased from the farmers market was frozen
 

Any easy way is to shuck the corn, then put the smaller end of the ear into the hollow of a bundt pan and then slice the kernels into the bowl.  Works like a charm.  Very little mess.
 
I have picked more sage for drying, as well as harvesting all the fennel seeds (future pork sausage and bread baking additions) into a paper sack for jarring up later.
 
 
 
 

Comments