How I use my garden

I don't have much time to garden, but do find time to make myself happy and share it with others. 

I mainly do flowers and herbs, some years I do garlic or other long growing crops (such as strawberries)

I pick and dry my herbs, and then share them with friends as gifts or use in my own cooking.

Here is a batch of basil I have had hanging in the garage (no sunlight, good air flow)
 
I did put it in the oven briefly at a whopping 450 degrees for just 3 minutes to kill any left over buggies.

 
Used my immersion blender to crush it up. 

 
Using it today in some stewed tomatoes.
 
I also keep a bowl of organic lavender flowers in our bedroom which I occasionally revitalize with some lavender oil.   This is the first year my lavender actually bloomed, so I added some fresh flowers to my antique orange carnival glass powder canister.
 
 
This is my low set of drawers in our bedroom.  This piece always makes me smile, my eyes are always drawn to it when I enter the room.  Where our wedding and tinplate photos are, and where I put a vase of flowers each week. 
 
Surround yourselves with things that bring you joy!
 

Comments

  1. I love growing herbs. I have lots of basil right now that I'm basically only growing for the bees, butterflies and wasps, lol. It smells so good when I brush against it.

    I'm jealous of your lavender. It won't grow down here :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions