Sunday, January 22, 2017

Baking

I am finding it exhausting to do my usual activity level.   I am assuming it is due to the visual problems.    So I have to sit and close my eyes between tasks.    It is frustrating, but since this is my new normal I need to get used to it.  

I made DH soft pretzels.   I announced it smelled like PA Lancaster County.     He disagreed.    No cow pasture smell.    Made me laugh.    I just make pretzel sticks, here is what is left..... so I assume they were good. 



I also made coconut oil Banana bread with walnuts


Then I made the original toll house cookie recipe from my latest antique cookbook purchase.   I am really enjoying reading it.    Here are photos of the cover and copyright page.   The recipe too!!

 


 
I cut the recipe in half and did not add the nuts.    I also didn't use a teaspoon, so I made 24 larger cookies instead of 50 smaller ones.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so delicious... I've got to stop looking at the pictures! We prefer no nuts in our cookies as well. You are a trooper and baked more with your eye problems than I do without!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and contributions