December grocery totals

 Hey, I didn't necessarily follow my low spend December plans… However all of these items are stockpiled if they are nonperishables. $710.29  I feel I got some amazing deals.  Except for one total fail which you will read about. All freezers are packed to the gills.  I have told Gpa P and DH no meat purchases for the next 4-6 weeks UNLESS it is an amazing deal and we our out of the product. 

December 5 BJ's wholesale warehouse $108.61 25 pounds of white rice, a loaf of rye bread, a loaf of country white bread, 24 ounces of mushrooms, four cartons of liquid egg whites, Johnsonville turkey sausage links a three pack, a three pack of Oscar Meyer center cut bacon, a gallon of milk , 2 1/2 pounds of salmon, a three pack of Tropicana orange juice, a three litre bottle of Italian olive oil, a gallon of apple cider, a quart of light cream

December 7 Big Y. 47.32 (before $5 back) This trip was mainly to restock our Goya Sazon shelf.  DH loves to cook with this stuff, and he has been bugging me that we were out.  Since I knew that there was a $5 SavingStar offer that expired the end of the month, I figured now was the time.  A litre of Goya EVOO, Goya wafers, 9 Goya azafran, Bag of Goya navy beans, jar of sofrito and jar of recato.  5 lbs of onions (man we go through these like water) 2 lbs of 31/40 raw shrimp (for holiday cocktail)  Not bad.  6 months worth of his favorite seasoning (I hope)

December 9 $9.02 Shop Rite 1. 31 pounds of peppers and I earned $.25 back from checkout 51 and another $.39 back from savings star. 2.58 pounds of 80% lean ground beef for $7.71

December 13 Stop and Shop 93.28 after IBOTTA Loaf of Arnold's country white bread. Three breakstone sour cream. Two dozen Nellies organic eggs. I like these if I can't get to the farmers  stand. These are for eating only (not baking/cooking).   Ten yocrunch yogurt for DH lunch 10 yocrunch yogurts (he is in a temporary work position and I am again packing lunches). 2 boxes of pie crust dough (Christmas ...I dislike making butterdoughs) 1/2 lb deli roast beef, 2 large bags UTZ chips, chips ahoy cookies, 8 pk Diet Pepsi minis (Christmas) Two 35 bottle spring water cases, oatmeal cup (free) 12 assorted Green Giant canned veggies (.49 each) two 12 packs Diet Coke and one 12 pack Coke Zero.   Two packages BSCB which were B1G1F.   2.85 lbs of sweet Italian sausage, 1.36 lbs of bananas, 2 lbs of 26-31 count shrimp (Christmas)

December 14 Shoprite 75.73 Three 24 packs Poland spring water, 5 lbs sweet potato, 4 boxes lasagna noodles, 6 boxes tomatoes, 4 Shoprite organic vegetable stock, 1 progreso chicken stock (.49 after coupon!) 6 pack of hunts paste pouches, 4.95 lbs bone in rib roast 3 lbs clementines, chestnuts, Four sorrento mozzarella blocks, Four sorrento ricotta, refrigerated cocktail sauce.   I think I did amazing on this trip.

TJ Market, this trip TOTALLY HAS ME PISSED OFF.  We got bamboozled into having people over New Years, we discussed menu, was told we would be reimbursed.  Spent $255.49 on various seafood at the request of the uncle.  Now he has changed the GD menu and he will do the shopping.  We have lobster tails enough for the entire year now.  I will be having a chat with him after the holidays (he invited people to our house on New Years Day and we compromised to do it on the Eve, but we found out he had done this MONTHS ago.  Never asked.  Invited people we really don't know and/or had already invited to Christmas)  No wonder his son rarely sees him.  I am totally fed up.   My DH and I have had 5 major fights in 20 years, and 4 of them were rooted in the Uncle doing this.  If you are ever considering buying a family home when some of the elders are alive DO NOT DO IT.   That's the excuse all the time.  He acts like he is the host, yet we are the one's cooking, cleaning and waiting on his guests.  Okay, whining over.  I do intend on having a strongly worded conversation with him.  DH and I should not be at odds or financially put out because he wants to entertain. 

Shoprite 12/20 $38.12 6.25 lb beef rib roast, broccoli, 1/4 lb turkey breast, 1/4 lb roast beef, fresh mozz and one hard roll.

BJ's 12/20 $39.44 Panera broccoli soup 4 pack, twin pack baking powder, 80 ounces mushrooms, 2 lbs baking yeast.  2 dozen mini croissants.

12/24  $73.28 Best Day to go to Costco?  Christmas Eve!  We only go to this warehouse store twice a year, and usually no matter when we go it is INSANE.  Now we know, 45 minutes BEFORE closing on Christmas Eve this huge warehouse store near my DH's hometown is EMPTY.  We were able to browse at everything we wanted, pick up some non food household items that we felt would work for our needs.  I also got 6 loaves of Chabaso Ciabatta (a local bakery, what I paid for these loaves was a dollar more than one loaf at the stores that carry it), 2 lbs of smoked salmon, 5 lbs of ground beef (we were out and DH decided he wanted it in the lasagna I made that night) so I used a pound of it and froze the rest, 6 lbs of sweet Italian sausage.  2 pounds of pecorino romano and a gallon of milk.

Comments