Broccoli Soup

I mentioned in earlier posts about the huge deal on Broccoli we got in PA.  I have blanched and frozen 3/4's of it, we had some with two different meals.  But I hated to throw out the stalks.  I cut off the root end, and peeled some of the rougher spots away.  Boiled it until it was tender.

Added an onion, 4 small carrots, half a carton of low sodium chicken broth and two tablespoons of butter into my 5 quart stock pot. 2 hours on high and then low for 6 more hours.  Blended it with my immersion blender 8 hours later.  Added about a half cup more of the stock, and 4 ounces of shredded cheddar. 

Yummo!  It is a pea soup color.  But I think it's better than Panera's broccoli cheddar, which I love.  Probably a lot less calories too. 



Comments

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions