The change of seasons in my garden and it's coming down!

Fall, one of my favorite times of year.  I actually like all the seasons, but there is just something about harvest times, so many things in my favorite color (leaves, pumpkins, squash).  DH planned the decorations for the porch area this year.  Below are the three unusual PA purchased pumpkins, some millet and two large straw bales.
 





When we picked up the millet I also got this Chinese lantern perennial.  Now that I've put it in the ground I'm reading horror stories of how invasive it is.  Almost as bad as bamboo.  I'll have to keep an eye on this.  I do love the little orange 'lanterns' though.


 
Mushrooms

 
I keep looking for gnomes or fairies, lol

 
Since taking these mushroom photos they have ballooned in size. 
 
 
 
This is the tree that is coming down.  I has lost many large limbs in the last two winters, and now it is growing onto the roof of the house.
 
 
I do have guilt, it's a beautiful tree.  The fee to trim is not much cheaper than having it removed, which we know we would have to do eventually anyway.  I am planning a sitting garden once I see what the sunlight will be.  There is a lilac bush that has been there since I was a child, that is not doing well because of the lack of light.  I am hoping that it will improve once it isn't so choked.
 
 
 
Last Hurrah for summer flowers
 
 

My Mums start blooming in August!



What's it look like in your garden/yard?













Comments

  1. Wow that is a beautiful tree! But, take it from me - who had a "beautiful tree" break in half during a windstorm and come through my front bay window!, take it down. It's already dropped limbs so you know it's going to be more troublesome in the future. As hard as it is, I bet you anything that you will be thankful it's done when the bad winter weather hits!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions