Meals

We had some leftover ribs, so I rinsed them off (barbecue sauce) added some onion skins/ends and put in crockpot overnight.





Here is the stock that I was waiting to cool so I can skip off the fat, and the meat has been taken off the bone. I added diced onion to the meat and froze both packages for a meal but I'm planning for next week.

 I also made chicken and vegetable soup with the carcass of the roaster chicken from last week.


We also grilled marinated chicken drumsticks and thighs. Along with that we had rice and frozen mixed vegetables.

On Friday we had pork chops baked potatoes and vegetables.  

On Saturday we met DD to trade vehicles and have dinner.  That turned out into an on going saga/adventure, more on the perils of old cars later. 

On Sunday DH was participating in a sporting event.   I made Gpa P a broccoli quiche.    I also made myself eggwhite mini quiche for the week.  


The best frugal accomplishment was this.  


That became this


This soup was delicious.  I had two small cups worth.  It was lots of frozen and fresh broccoli ends, last of some worn out celery, an onion sauted in butter and olive oil, a handful of fresh spinach I didn't want to not use, one large fresh carrot grated, two tablespoons of butter.  In crock-pot for 4 hours on high.  I used the immersion blender, added some sour cream and 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella.  I love creating new soups with things that usually get thrown away.

I'm continuing to eat very little, due to health issues. I'm very happy that we have been eating all of the leftovers.





Comments