New Soup Recipe

I have been saving asparagus ends in the freezer until I had almost a half pound.  I just hated to waste this, even though in usual steaming the ends just never seem to become edible.   

I cleaned a full sized leek by slicing into strips, then in chunks, soaking in warm water.  (I kept changing water).  




I had some potatoes that were starting to head towards sprouting. 


All vegetables were thrown into the 6 Quart crock pot with some butter, half a box of low sodium organic chicken broth, 16 ounces of water, salt and pepper. 



after cooking on low for 8 hours DH used our immersion blender.   I am grateful that I got to taste it.  Gpa P ate all but two servings before I got home.  There is one serving left.  

This is what it looks like after blending.  


A better view of what was left after Gpa ate.  I wish I had his metabolism!







Comments