More food purchases and SuperBowl food

While all the men screamed at the tv last night I read, made my button crafts and enjoyed my own company.  

So, we made some more purchases.  We will eat off of the Superbowl food for at least today and tomorrow.  So I am not taking out too much to cook this week.  

At the produce market I bought three stuffed breads (broccoli/sasauge, eggplant and broccoli rabe/sausage)  The rabe is still hidden away in the 2nd fridge, and their is half of the other two breads left.  1.5 lbs of fresh broccoli crowns, an almost 3 lb spaghetti squash, 3/4 lb plum tomatoes, cuke, mushrooms and clearanced bananas.  2 sticks of boars head pepperoni, 2 loaves of italian bread, spring mix, salad dressing (my indulgence, blue cheese) and a large hummus.  $64.71

Bj's warehouse we picked up 3 cases of spring water (48 bottles each case) 2 bags tortilla chips, a 5 lb platter of wings that included a Marzetti dip, a veggie tray that included a Marzetti dip (had $7.00 coupons off of these) 32 ounce Irish cheese, 2 lb sour cream, guacamole, twin pack large Ranch dressings and a 3 ft sub (yes, that's right, and more than 2 ft are still left)  I had a $5 coupon off of that and Gpa P gave me the money for it as well as he wanted it.  Total out of my pocket was $93.02

Last was sausage peppers and eggplant half trays picked up from a local restaurant.  $59.00

Uncle took home part of the sandwich and eggplant as well as some chili I had made earlier in the week.  

We still have eggplant, sausage, veggies, wings and stuffed breads.  Plus that darned sub, lol.  

I also made stock Saturday into Sunday, and today I have a nice chicken (carcass and left over meat taken from freezer) vegetable soup bubbling away.  I'm looking forward to having some of that as all those fancy junk foods made my stomach not so happy (I had veggies, some of the wings and the sandwich, not used to eating all those processed meats)

Comments