My one extravagance



I love coffee. All my friends know that.  My family knows it and my students know it.   I am a coffee snob. There's more coffee that I don't like than i do like.     

A daily habit can be quite expensive.    Even for a black coffee drinker like me.    

So, I learned how to make cold brew.  It is easy, delicious and doesn't cost me $3.14 per Venti.     Don't misunderstand, I still go to Starbucks.     But maybe only three times a week instead of twelve.   

Here is how I make it.     I make enough to fill a 64 ounce mason jar almost three times.    It costs me at most $7.99 a week, which is the sale price that I pay for a bag of ground Starbucks.    Since I usually have coupons and get gift cards or starbucks stars it is even less.   If you love Starbucks, make sure you register your gift card.  Every 12th visit you can get a free food item up to $5.75 (this includes drinks and food, not ground coffee or other items)


My favorite Starbucks brand coffee

1 and 3/4 cups of ground into my french press


Add 3 and 1/4 cups cold water

  

Stir for the bloom


Press down the plunger, and refrigerate for 8 - 14 hours.  Add to your mason jar!  Enjoy!


Though I try to earn free gift cards, appreciate holiday gifts and try to 'stretch it out', this is a good way to enjoy an extravagance without it costing an arm and a leg.  


  


Comments

  1. I made cold brew for the first time this summer. Decided I would need a french press before ever trying that again. I tried straining the grounds in a paper filter in a strainer - took forever, it was very tasty though

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions