Frugal Accomplishments

Did most laundry and dishwasher loads at bed time.  Hung up 3 loads of laundry.

We only had one can of trash this week, down from two!   This is due to composting and starting to purchase more things in bulk.  I cut up all boxes and recycle them at the studio.

Cut up the long stem of an onion I harvested and froze.  Had a delicate onion flavor.  All ready for a soup, casserole or quiche!


Put the onion flower in water to enjoy it opening up.  Going to see if I can plant the seeds for perhaps more onions in the future?  Any thoughts on this people?

Saved the onion and chili sauce that was leftover from chinese takeout to add to a soup.   I actually rethought this, It had shrimp in it, I felt it was safer to throw it away.

Made lima bean/roman bean/onion/celery/carrot smoked pork hock soup all from the freezer.

Froze some about to go bananas to bake with over the weekend.

Planned an entire new violin group class with materials I already have prepared.

Made blueberry muffins from scratch.  Ala Paula Dean, one stick of unsalted butter melted, two cups flour, 2 Tbsp baking powder (alot I know, but it worked) 3/4 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp vanilla (my tweek) one box of fresh blueberries, one egg, bake 375 for 15 minutes, top with some brown sugar if wanted and bake for an additional 10 minutes.

Made meatballs and sauce from scratch with ingredients already in the pantry/freezer.

Bought fruit and veggies on sale at Stop and Shop using two of their mail to customer coupons ($3 off of 5 fruit and $3 off of 30)

Bought a whole beef tenderloin for 6.99 a pound (grassfed Australian)at Shoprite and prepped for the freezer.  Because of the amount I already was spending on the beef I got a gallon of milk for 2.29 (coupon and Ibotta) 3 pounds onions .99 and a Purex laundry detergent .99.

I have also been using our bomb instead of my almost year old vehicle for errands and back and forth to studio.  We are trying to use the SUV for only adventures that we know we need the space for, like this Sunday we need to go back to Barre and get our last piece of the bedroom.  NO TICKETS!  Everybody say a travel prayer for us.

Comments

  1. Wow! You have a lot of frugal accomplishments up there!
    $6.99/lb for beef tenderloin is an insane price! I don't get to ShopRite very often (it's the store farthest away for me) so I don't scan their flyers much. I think I am going to have to change that now!
    I have never seen an onion flower. Would be curious to see what it looks like once it opens.
    Good luck on the drive to Barre! NO more tickets!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and contributions