Chai Pumpkin Bread



I received several free Tazo coupons from a House Party I did (as well as shared some with the attendees).   I didn't use all of the products in our 'taste test'....so I have been experimenting with uses of the chai concentrate.  Today was my second experiement.  My first was gifted to my friend Margaret and her family (though I got to have a taste too!)  I tweaked it a bit today. 




I used one stick of butter softened, one egg and the equivalent of another egg in liquid egg whites, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 1/2 cups of white flour, 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, 2 tspn of baking powder, 1/2 tspn of baking soda, 1 Tbspn pumpkin pie spice, a good squirt of pure vanilla extract and 8 ounces of pumpkin puree.  



Final result!   It wasn't as 'fluffy' as the first one (which had two whole eggs and all white flour) but I liked it a bit denser.  I think I would add more chai concentrate with the next one, and a bit more pumpkin puree.  But I was happy with the outcome!






Comments