More Hams! and What did I do with the Snow Day Turkey Stock?

Found More Hams!

I didn't purchase any myself, as I'm saving freezer space for my share of the Zaycon Chicken, but wanted to share the news with those who were hoping to get on the deal. 

I was in the Wallingford BJ's Warehouse on Friday (getting water and items for the studio) and saw that they were still loaded with .99 a pound Smithfield Spiral Hams.  They are dated February 15, so if you are interested, make sure you get them quickly and figure out a way to either freeze or can the meat.  Don't forget to save that bone for soup!




I used the stock and meat from the neck to make a lovely soup.
I added the last of the turkey meat, onion, carrots, celery, cumin and leftover rice.

Voila!  Turkey and Rice Soup.  






Comments