Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup

Today I created
a carrot and sweet potato soup.   
I am always trying to use up before I toss out veggies.  Soups to me are the most frugal and delicious way to do that very thing. 

I had 5 small sweet potatoes getting ready for the compost heap.  Not rotten mind you, but if I waited a few more days....well, they wouldn't be in any soups......I peeled and chopped them, threw them into the Crock Pot (it's getting a workout this week!  I think I've used it everyday)  Then onion, celery, carrots.  A 32 oz carton of low sodium chicken broth.  A tablespoon (or two) of cinnamon and on goes the lid!   DH 
immersion blends it and keeps it on warm for me.  Of course dear Dad had some.  DH won't eat most of my soup creations, he likes bisques or chunky chowders.   I had two cups, and there was enough left for one person tomorrow.  Step by Step photos below. 












Comments